UPDATE - WE HAVE A WINNER! winner has been picked! scroll down to view winner!
ABOUT CAMP SCRAP
This 4-week workshop includes all the fun, instruction, and inspiration you'd find at an in-person scrapbooking retreat. But you get to participate entirely from home in your shorts and flip-flops (or whatever counts as your comfort gear for summer). A veteran BPC instructor who has taught thousands of satisfied students, May practices a "zero pressure, no rules, happy crafting" philosophy. She'll inspire you to let go, work at your own pace, and have the time of your life! You can watch every video and try every single project and technique—or you can pick and choose those that speak to you. You can spend most of your time socializing on the message boards, or you can quietly craft in the comfort of your home. Learn more about this class here!
HOW TO ENTER:
Comment on this blog post and one winner will have a chance to win one spot in May's new online class Camp Scrap. One winner will be selected at random using random.org on Tuesday May 28th at 5pm EST. No purchase necessary to enter. Please make sure to leave your email when you comment if you don't have that info on your profile so I can contact you!
Thanks for playing!
UPDATE WE HAVE A WINNER! winner has been picked! Congrats to Anita B!!! Anita - send me an email (claudine at collageartist dot com) and I'll get your info over to May so she can register you for Camp Scrap!!
PS. May is also one of the 20 AMAZING contributors in my new online class with Big Picture Classes called Technique Toolbox. Learn more right here!
You’ll learn all variety of methods from building backgrounds, image transfers, photo tinting, and working with paints and mediums. If you’ve never worked with paint before, don’t worry! I’ll take the mystery out of the process and if you are comfortable with mixed media materials there will be plenty of techniques for you to experiment with too.
Also this isn’t a class just about paint. We’ll be working with scrapbook papers, and photos in new ways with a variety of image transfer techniques!
Here’s the format for the class: every weekday Monday-Friday I’ll have a detailed instruction video for you where I’ll walk you through a new technique, a total of 5 techniques a week. We’ll use Saturdays and Sundays for catching up so don’t worry, I promise you won’t get behind!
We’ll have some exciting guest designer projects so you can see their interpretation of the technique and then you can try it for yourself!
As soon as you register for the class, you’ll create a super cute and extra special “technique tool box” that I’ve designed for you to download and print. Throughout the class, you’ll also receive 25 technique cards with directions that will fit perfectly in your toolbox!
At the end of class you’ll have a Technique Toolbox full of 25 technique cards and ready for you to add more of your own!And don’t worry if you forget a technique, and want to re-watch a video after class is over, you’ll have FOREVER access to this class so you can always go back and get a refresher!
READY TO SIGN UP? CLICK HERE!
- 25 in-depth instructional technique videos
- 25 printable technique recipe cards with instructions
- 6 printable technique card dividers
- Specially designed printable toolbox to hold all your technique cards
- Bonus content with guest designers showing projects using the techniques
- Welcome videos each week
- Instructional video on how to assemble your toolbox
- Downloadable images for transfer techniques
- Message board to share your thoughts with your classmates and interact with Claudine
- Private posting gallery to share your work and view the work of your classmates
- Supply list with live links to product resources
- Class syllabus
- Reminder emails when the classroom is updated with new materials
- Email access to Claudine
- Forever access to class materials in the private BPC classroom
Well actually if you sign up right now it will be $45! Woweee!!! Ready to Sign up? CLICK HERE!
- Is this class open to International students? - YES! That's what is so great about online classes no matter where you are you can take it!
- Do I have to buy Claudine Hellmuth Studio products to take the class? No you don't at all. I suggest watching the videos to see which techniques you love and then using supplies that you may already have. Most of the supplies are simple items like paints, mediums and things you probably already have in your art stash.
- Do I have to be "present" each day to take the class? no you don't! you can follow along as the class progresses, or check in periodically and download the directions, watch the videos at your leisure!It is *best* if you can follow along with the class as I'll be able to comment on your work and help you, but if you are out of town, don't worry, you won't miss out on any details and you can catch up at any time!
- When does the class start? July 15th
- How much is the class? $50 for 5 weeks of instruction! That's only $1.42 a day!
- How long does the class stay active for those who registered? Students will have "forever access" to the class materials, which means that class will end August 18th (so there will no longer be teacher interaction), but students can go back at any point in time (as long as BPC exists) and access the class materials, gallery and message board! WOW!
- I am just starting making art/collage: that's great! You'll get a jump just by learning these fun techniques. It's a great place to start and just play and have fun!
- I've been doing art and collage for a long time: You can never learn too many techniques in my book! We all have our own ways of doing things and I bet I've got some new things that you can incorporate into your work!
- Will it work on my ipad? Yes! you can lie on the couch and watch all the videos right on your ipad!
- I've taken your other online classes, is this one the same? This one is all NEW. If you follow me closely and watch every single video, or have read all of my books etc etc, you may have seen a few of these techniques before. I have updated them with new tips, fresh videos and of course our amazing contributors will show you how they use the techniques in their work! Also I will be there answering all of your questions!
READY TO SIGN UP? CLICK HERE!
If you have any other questions that I didn't cover just post them in the comments and I will answer!
FTC Disclosure: links in this post are affiliate links. If you click and purchase my class, I will earn a small referral fee. I appreciate your clicks and support!
Labels: online classes
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PRINTABLE INVITATION! -- file is approx 2MB
To download from the preview widget above, click the arrow button on the bottom right. This will save the high res file to your computer!
NOTE: Make sure to open in Adobe Acrobat which you can get here for free so that way you can edit the text!
Links on pinterest, twitter, facebook etc are very much appreciated! Spread the word!
Complete your summer party theme with these fun Ice Pop favor boxes! Each delicious-looking popsicle shaped box fits wrapped candies, mini candy bars, gift cards, and other small goodies, perfect for your party guests!! You can get this printable kit over in my Etsy shop here!
Don't miss any freebies! Make sure to sign up for my email list here:
Labels: free printable
I've also got a special coupon code for you too! Hop on over to Sweetopia's blog to grab a shop coupon code to use in my etsy shop right now!
Click here to enter the giveaway, get a delicious Golden Vanilla cupcake recipe and the coupon code!! Weeee!!!
I was always a picky eater. When I would go over to a friends house and eat something, my friends' Mom would call my Mom and excitedly say "she ate such and so!"
Then my mom would race to the store get whatever it was that I had eaten at my friends house and cook it for me in the hopes I would eat it at home.
"It doesn't taste the same as it did at Jennifer's" I would say picking at my food for the 100th time. Wow! Pretty bratty right?
When I think of all the meals that my Mom cooked for me and desperately tried to get me to eat (sometimes successfully and sometimes not) I want to give her a big hug! Thanks Mom!! I am sorry I was such a picky eater!!
Hopefully you weren't as picky an eater as I was, but you can still let Mom know how much you appreciate all the meals she has cooked for you by making her this cute little retro oven cupcake box!
I'm giving one to my mom with a gift card inside!
This paper printable oven comes in 5 colors and you can put it together in just a few minutes. Add Mom's favorite cupcake for a delicious treat!
This is one of my favorite photos of my Mom in her 20's when she was working for The Sunday Express in Johannesburg. She's sitting on the shoulders of Mr Universe! Love this photo!
Happy Mother's Day Mom!!
This post was written for the Nerdwallet Mother's Day Your Way contest. I did not receive any compensation for this post but have a chance to win a prize by submitting!
Comment below and let me know what your favorite childhood food was! Mine was Mac N Cheese and I still love it! Yummy!!
Labels: printable kits
On pinterest there are lots of beautiful tutorials about how to tint glass bottles. Most of the directions use food coloring and white glue. It makes a great look but the only problem is you can’t put water in the bottle or it will wash away.
I thought "I wonder if this would work with paint, and if it would stay adhered to the bottle even when filled with water?" Well it worked and here's how you can make these too!
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints: Classic Teal, Dash of Red, Smidge of Blue, Dab of Yellow
Small paper cup
Glass bottles or jars (I used Starbucks bottles)
Once your jar is completely dry you can use it as a vase for real or paper flowers! Here I'm using my vase for printable flowers, (it's a FREE download and you can grab yours here!)
Download these paper printable flowers here and make them to add to your vase too! I think this would make a fabulous mother's day gift don't you?
Each delicious popsicle shaped box fits wrapped candies, mini candy bars, gift cards, and other small goodies, perfect for your summer party guests!!
They are super easy to put together but I also made a how-to video with some quick assembly tips!
Labels: printable kits