Hope you are spending time with family and friends and don't forget the BBQ!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER DIRECTLY ON THE BIG PICTURE WEB SITE
THIS CLASS INCLUDES:
- Welcome notes from Claudine in the classroom
- Colorful instructional handouts with step-by-step instructions for each lesson/project
- 20 sheets of high resolution printable collage pages created from Claudine's favorite images -- all to use in our composition exercises (a $100 value!!)
- Instructional videos
- Powerpoint slideshows with Claudine's lively audio instruction
- Reminder emails when the classroom is updated with new materials
- Weekly emails offering inspiration, images from other artists and discussion about what we are working on that week
- Private posting gallery to share your work and view the work of your classmates and Claudine
- Email access to Claudine and lots of "Claudine" time
- Message board to share your thoughts with your classmates
- Two live chats with Claudine
- and more!!
ALL FOR JUST $30!!
- Is this class open to International students? - YES! That's what is so great about online classes no matter where you are you can take it!
- Do I have to buy all Claudine Hellmuth Studio products to take the class? No you don't. Actually there is NO SUPPLY LIST. I repeat. NO SUPPLY LIST. Work with what you have and use the downloads I provide. yay!
- Do I have to be "present" each day to take the class? no you don't! you can follow along as the class progresses, or check in periodically and download the directions, watch the videos at your leisure! it is *best* if you can follow along with the class as I'll be able to comment on your work and help you, but if you are out of town, don't worry, you won't miss out on any details!
- When does the class start? June 2nd
- How much is the class? $30 for 4 weeks of instruction! That's only $1 a day!
- Where is the supply list? Actually there is NO SUPPLY LIST. Work with what you have and use the collage downloads I provide. Easy!!
- How long does the class stay active for those who registered? Students will have "forever access" to the class materials, which means that class will end June 29th (so there will no longer be teacher interaction), but students can go back at any point in time (as long as BPC exists) and access the class materials, gallery and message board! WOW!
- I am just starting making art/collage: that's great! You'll get a jump just by learning these composition techniques and it will save you a lot of headaches.
- Will it be fun? Composition sounds like math? Of COURSE it will be FUN!! I like to have fun. I promise we'll be learning and laughing!!
- Will it work on my ipad? Yes! you can lie on the couch and watch all the videos right on your ipad!
If you have any other questions that I didn't cover just post them in the comments and I will answer!
FTC Disclosure: links in this post are affiliate links. If you click and purchase my class, I will earn a small referral fee. I appreciate your clicks and support!
Labels: online classes
With her umbrella turned inside out, she's going to get soaked in the rain!
have a great weekend everyone!
Labels: illustration friday
Here are the supplies you'll need:
FTC Disclosure: the links above are affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I will earn a small referral fee. I appreciate your clicks and support!
The article was all about neighborliness (or lack there of) so this is what I created for the cover.
And here's a piece for the inside spread complete with nosy neighbor looking over the fence :)
I had so much fun creating these illustrations! Great theme and I got to play with all my favorite colors too!
Click here to download this flower image to practice yourself!
Here are the supplies you'll need:
- Print a b/w image onto glossy inkjet photo paper- or I used the Ranger Gloss Paper too!
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints in Sable Brown, Sky Blue, Yellow Pastel
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Extra Time Medium
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio paint brushes
Happy Mother's Day everyone!! Even mommies of 4-legged furry children count! :)
After lots of discussion we decided to put our house on the market. And within only 24 hours of being listed we already have a contract on it! We are excited but still holding our breath until the closing goes through. Fingers crossed!
So off I go tomorrow to visit our little home and get it all spruced up ready either for the sale or for more buyers. Hopefully the sale and closing will all go smoothly. We'll know more in a couple of weeks!
P.S. Even though I'll be in Orlando I'll still be live at 12noon EST on the Big Picture Classes Creative Crop this Saturday May 7th. I'll be chatting in the classroom, answering questions for an hour at Noon EST, 9am PST. And you don't want to miss my challenge - it's a fun one AND I included FREE a download to get you started! Also did I mention the Creative Crop is FREE!
Click here to visit the Big Picture Classes blog and learn how to enter. Be sure to go back each day this week to enter a new giveaway!
Click here to learn more about my new online class!
And don't forget THIS SATURDAY Big Picture Classes and Creating Keepsakes Magazine are teaming up to bring you a fun-filled (and free!) Creative Crop for National Scrapbook Day! I hope that you’ll join me for the Creative Crop this Saturday May 7th at Noon EST, 9am PST. I'll be chatting in the classroom, answering questions for an hour at Noon EST, 9am PST. And you don't want to miss my challenge - it's a fun one AND I included FREE a download to get you started!
First up is my online class....... I am really excited about how this class is turning out. It is LOADED with information. and for $30 you get the class and lifetime access to it! We won't run this class again until late 2012 at the earliest -- make sure to sign up now!
Then in October I'll be teaching a 3 day workshop on beautiful Whidbey Island. This is my last 3 day workshop event for quite some time so don't miss it!
June 2nd - 29th 2011 - Composition for Collage - ONLINE CLASS
NEW online class this summer. All online so you can take it from anywhere and at any time that works for you! Click here for complete details and registration info! Class is only $30 for 4 weeks loaded with information. Registration ends June 2nd. You don't want to miss out on this one! If you are a scrapbooker, journaler, or artist who loves to use papers and images. If you work digitally or by hand. I've got you covered! No Supply List! More info here! spaces still available!
October 7-9th 2011 - 3 day Collage Discovery Intensive in Coupeville WA
The three-day workshop format will be a "Collage Discovery Intensive" inspired Claudine's two books, Collage Discovery Workshop and Collage Discovery Workshop Beyond the Unexpected
We'll start the weekend with a focus on color mixing and expanding our color palettes. We'll move onto to a concentration on composition and design principles. Then we'll learn a combination of painterly collage techniques, which will enhance the surfaces of your collage artworks. We'll play with image transfer methods and other experimental methods of working.
A variety of idea generation tools will be covered to help us "dig deeper" into the meaning of our collage artworks. Our work together will be paced to allow for personal artistic discovery as well as studio time for working on our collage artworks. The atmosphere will be one of support and encouragement. The most important ingredients you can bring to this workshop, is an open mind and a willingness to share and explore. Workshop is available to artists of all skill levels - beginning to advanced.
To register click here! Or call Pacific Northwest Art School at 1-866-678-3396.spaces still available!
In this video I show you how to make this cute Sticky Back Canvas Flower pin that you can add easily to any necklace or wear on your jacket!
You can purchase Claudine Hellmuth Studio Sticky Back Canvas, paints and foam stamps at your local craft store or online!