CLAUDINE HELLMUTH
CLAUDINE HELLMUTH blog   

a little inspiration
I can't get enough stop motion animation or creative animation. Today I found out about cartoonbrew.com from Ward Jenkins (@wardomatic on twitter). They have a whole section on stop motion and I had to drag myself away from the computer to get some work done. My mind is swirling with ideas of animations I want to create! Now where can I learn how to make what is in my head a reality. hmmm.

here are a few of my favorites:



United Airlines commercial, beautiful and poetic. If more commercials were like this I wouldn't fast forward them!




Undone from Hayley Morris on Vimeo.

Haley Morris graduated from the Rhode Island School of Design. Undone, her senior film project, is a tribute to her grandfather who suffered from Alzheimer’s Disease. Very touching piece.


the Blank Page from George Metaxas on Vimeo.

This one was made only with cardboard materials.

FLUFFY MC CLOUD from conorfinnegan on Vimeo.

This is so cute. and the mix of live motion with animation is so creative.

Something Left, Something Taken from Tiny Inventions on Vimeo.

I really love the fabric look of the figures in this one!




The United Arab Emirates Ecological Footprint is an initiative aimed at inspiring people in UAE countries to reduce their individual footprint. This clever stop-motion promotional makes the point by using recycled paper figures and settings. LOVE the use of paper in this one!



Opening theme to United States of Tara - a series on Showtime. Love all the drawn elements, especially the retro gal in the kitchen.


Labels:

COMMENTS:
Oh my goodness - I'm in love right alongside you! These could be seriously addicting. Inspiration Indeed!
 
these are awesome claudine.

i took an animation course last winter - it was so amazing to start to learn these techniques! making art come to life. what could be more perfect?
 
Well....I can certainly see how a whole day could get away from you while watching these. Wonderful!!
Thanks for sharing.
 
Oh the string man was so sad, but brilliant and the cloud one was so much fun thank for sharing it.
 
Bookmarked! Gonna need to watch ALL of these! Awesome!
 
Stop motion is so interesting to watch. I followed the link and discovered that Ward Jenkins is from Portland (Oregon)!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

press
contact me
my books & dvds
books with my work
previous posts
archives


Powered by Blogger
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG'S FEED
all artwork and text
© Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC
content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without advance written permission

 

artwork portfolios | licensing | product shop | workshops & events | press room | blog | about me | contact | home

CLAUDINE HELLMUTH : Hip Art for Playful Hearts : Mixed media Collage and Custom Commissioned Artwork


All artwork and text in this web site copyright © Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC