CLAUDINE HELLMUTH
CLAUDINE HELLMUTH blog   

sticky back canvas purse project
This is my last post from my latest sewing adventures using my Claudine Hellmuth Studio products!

sticky_back_purse

Even though I had only just started sewing, I was determined to make some sort of purse using the Sticky Back Canvas, and I am really excited with how it came out. Because the canvas is sticky I just stuck the lining fabric directly to the back of the canvas before I sewed it all together and then I had instant lining!

I had a lot of really great purse designs in my sketchbook but my skill level isn't there yet. I can imagine that if someone really knew how to sew you could make something really REALLY amazing! I was excited to see that the machine sewed very nicely even through 3 layers of Sticky Back canvas.

While working on the strap for the purse I got an idea to make a belt! Wouldn't that be CUTE! I will be trying that next!

Labels:

COMMENTS:
it's hard to believe you're new to sewing, these projects are beautiful!
 
Love it and it is purely your style...a true Claudine Hellmuth design :)
 
I was a quiltmaker for 17 years and you're doing just fine. Remember that a playful design doesn't call for precise stitching.
 
I think it's perfect.
 
very cute purse project.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

press
contact me
my books & dvds
books with my work
previous posts
archives


Powered by Blogger
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG'S FEED
all artwork and text
© Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC
content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without advance written permission

 

artwork portfolios | licensing | product shop | workshops & events | press room | blog | about me | contact | home

CLAUDINE HELLMUTH : Hip Art for Playful Hearts : Mixed media Collage and Custom Commissioned Artwork


All artwork and text in this web site copyright © Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC