CLAUDINE HELLMUTH
CLAUDINE HELLMUTH blog   

super busy weekend!
This weekend was CRAZY busy! We did some yard work to clean up after the freeze. Just about all our plants lived, only a few had to be dug up. I am SO glad I did all that work on New years day covering them. In another week or two things should start to perk up and look better in the garden.

Then I put together a whole bunch of new office furniture for our computer room. I had been promising Paul for the last year that we would finally get "grown up" furniture (we have been using my desk from the 6th grade!). So we finally did! I ended up buying what my Mom would call "cheap and cheerful" -- a nice desk set from Office Depot along with matching filing cabinets. They came in these huge boxes in a million pieces and took just about 1.5 days to assemble.

There is something very satisfying about following the directions and putting a piece of furniture together. I found it almost relaxing. I am so used to have to make so many decisions about my business and artwork, that I found it almost soothing to follow someone else's directions step by step for an entire weekend. The Zen of furniture assembly!

I took photos of all the old furniture and put it on freecycle.org and already have some takers. I will be sad to see my old desk go. I have had that desk for more than 1/2 my life!

Now I am worn out!!

Labels:

COMMENTS:
I love the "cheap and cheerful" computer desk....very cute....enjoy the new stuff :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

press
contact me
my books & dvds
books with my work
previous posts
archives


Powered by Blogger
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG'S FEED
all artwork and text
© Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC
content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without advance written permission

 

artwork portfolios | licensing | product shop | workshops & events | press room | blog | about me | contact | home

CLAUDINE HELLMUTH : Hip Art for Playful Hearts : Mixed media Collage and Custom Commissioned Artwork


All artwork and text in this web site copyright © Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC